- This event has passed.
Race #6 – Newton Timing 2018 MiSCA Mid Michigan Community College MTB XC Race
October 21 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm$15 – $35
Race #6 of the D&D Bicycles 2018 MiSCA Race Series. (STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS)
Traditionally the last race of the series is also the State Championship event. Mid-Michigan community college trails are an exciting new venue for the 2018 series finale. Beautifully forested trails offer many options for courses, and a trail-side parking area provides ample room for team tents. Trails are easily accessed, and the venue will allow for exciting spectating. Stay tuned for course maps and more info as we plan our championship event. MMCC is in the heart of the lower peninsula, just off highway 127 south of Houghton and Higgins Lakes. Multiple options for camping are nearby, including Roscommon State Forest Area. Call the park or go online for more information.
These are student-only races for Elementary, Middle, and High School-ages. No team, no problem – students can participate as individuals.To be eligible to race, students must be registered in Sports Illustrated Play ($50 annually). Additionally, the rider will register for the races they plan to participate in (additional cost).
- Please apply for financial assistance if price is a concern https://www.miscabike.org/wp-content/documents/ScholarshipApplication.docx
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/939948272847125
- Registration Website: https://www.miscabike.org/register (create your account now, registration opens March 1)
Download the MiSCA course map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AmYzgyuK4kMyk09vo-w-j9YDkXRF2t9P/view?usp=sharing
Download the Mid Michigan (un-edited) trail map: https://www.midmich.edu/download_file/view/4913/469
- VARSITY: 4 Advanced Laps (17 miles)
- JUNIOR VARSITY: 3 Advanced Laps (12.75 miles)
- ADVANCED MIDDLE SCHOOL: 3 Advanced Laps (12.75 miles)
- NOVICE: 2 Advanced Laps (8.5 miles)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: 2 Advanced Laps (8.5 miles)
- UPPER ELEMENTARY: 2 Beginner Laps (6 miles)
- LOWER ELEMENTARY: 2 Beginner Laps (6 miles)