Wheels In Motion | MiSCA Brighton Recreation Area MTB XC Race (2019)
September 15 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm$15 – $35
Brighton Recreation Area returns as a venue in 2019!
Race #3 of the D&D Bicycles 2019 MiSCA Race Series.
The trails at Brighton will begin to introduce a few technical challenges to our riders. Be ready for a few climbs and some more roots! The trails still exhibit a fair amount of flow and will be a great chance for the riders to put their skills to the test. We will stage in the day use area by Bishop Lake which will be a great area for families to relax and play when they are not riding! Modern restrooms and pavilion space will be available.
These are student-only races for Elementary, Middle, and High School-ages. No team, no problem – students can participate as individuals.To be eligible to race, students must be registered in Sports Illustrated Play. Additionally, the rider will register for the races they plan to participate in.
- Please apply for financial assistance if price is a concern miscabike.org/scholarship
- Facebook Event: facebook.com/events/527597804422558/
- Registration Website: miscabike.org/register (create your account now, registration opens March 1)
- Brighton Rec is a state recreation area and requires a Recreation Passport for entry. Recreation Passports are typically purchased for $11 from Secretary of State (SOS) during your license plate renewal. They can be purchased outside the annual plate renewal for $16 at state parks, DNR customer service centers or via the SOS.
- Race HQ and Start/Finish will be located near the Trillium Shelter at Bishop Lake.
- Hamburg Police will be closing a section of Bishop Lake Rd during our event. No worries, you’ll still be able to enter/leave the parking lot when the road closes at 9:45am – you will just need to use Bauer Rd instead of Chilson Rd.
- Camping is available within the state park, call or go online to reserve. (810) 229-65660 midnrreservations.com/home
COURSE DETAILS/MAPS, RACE DAY SCHEDULE, AND LAP COUNTS TO BE ANNOUNCED.
Trail Maintained by Potawatomi Mountain Biking Association (POTO) potomba.org